Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Nearly GO time!


This week it’s finally hitting me. Thankfully, between life and Jesus’ help, I’ve kept the anxious nerves and obsessive thoughts at bay. With 5 sons, 20 chickens, 2 ducks, 6 rabbits (2 of them pregnant), 2 dogs, and 1 cat… there’s never a shortage of things needing to be done around here. Not to mention getting the garden planned out and in the ground and planting 20 hybrid willows (windbreak), 3 blueberry bushes, 43 raspberries, 2 blackberries, and 25 daylilies. So, keeping my mind busy has not been a problem. I was halfway done planting all this stuff when we got our approval (I-800A… permission from our government saying we are ok’d to adopt from Lithuania; can't move forward w/o it!) in the mail when I realized the waiting was coming to an end very soon. whoa.

That’s when it started sinking in… time is running out to get projects finished, the house prepared, raise the remaining funds, and to get the last things we need. No biggie, right? ugh. We’ve been trying to get some projects done over the last several months in anticipation of not being able to work on them after we get home with John-Patrik. Just a couple more things left. As for the house… we still need to do a garage sale (this Saturday! 5/24, our house!), we did some painting, and we’ve been making some changes to accommodate Little-Bit’s needs and his presence in our family. For example, we downsized our couch so we’d have room to work with John-Patrik easily during therapies and whatnot. We also sold our counter-height kitchen table to get something safer and more user friendly. I even cut off most of my hair to help simplify my life so that I can better focus on what lies ahead. (Long hair was fun but it took some work to do it; now it only takes me 5 min!) I also have 2 knitting projects I’ve got to finish! I could be wrong but I might be an overachiever…

As for the fundraising… We’re trusting God for the remaining amount that we need… He’s already provided every penny thus far through people just like you; I have no doubt He’ll see it through. We’ve been so thankful for such blessings!! But as for the remaining things we need…. maybe our local friends could help us?

Here are a few things we still need if you’d be willing to part with them for a while or even donate them we’d sure appreciate it!

  • Changing table (to preserve my back)
  • Visual Monitor (being raised in an institution he may not make a sound when he wakes up knowing it wouldn’t get him anywhere… sad, but common)
  • Therapy swing
  • Bath Seat that could accommodate a 24lbs+ (32” tall) child


Just a few short weeks until life as we know it gets flipped on its head. It’s pretty exciting! We’d appreciate prayer about our trip to Lithuania…

  1. That the adoption can be completed within this initial visit.
  2. That the instabilities concerning the Ukraine and Russia will settle and/or not affect our trip.
  3. Travel Safety and peace as the boys will still be here in Idaho with family
  4. When we get there; that John-Patrik will find comfort in us to ease his fear.

We have his crib set up in our bedroom (since December), all made and ready for him…. now all we need is him!

Photo
In Christ,
Meg & Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment