Saturday, December 21, 2013

In as much

"For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
-Matthew 25:35-40 (KJV)

I feel like "the least of these" most days. Someone catches me in the hall, hands me an envelope. Pulls me into the lounge, gets out their checkbook. I don't deserve this. We're just trying to help one child. But that's the nature of grace. God gives us gifts that we don't deserve. He started it when He came to Earth in the form of a babe, and grew into the Savior of mankind. We deserve nothing but punishment and wrath, God chose to give us salvation. We are the least of these! I thank God for that!

Been too long since we updated you, and we're sorry. Getting ready for this adoption is quite a process, and with work and school for the boys going, too... Well, sorry, and we'll try to be more diligent!

The support has been pouring in and it's incredible to us. People we didn't expect or friends we hadn't spoken to in a long time, every donation, no matter it's size, is incredibly humbling. It's been a while since we updated, but we are BEYOND the halfway point!
To see how God is moving in our lives, and the lives of those around us is AMAZING! Thanks for your prayers, your love, your encouraging words, and your support. We can't do this without you!

PROGRESS UPDATE:
Commitment contract is done, Home study is underway, and a letter introducing OUR family to the Lithuanian Central Authority has been sent. This is the Lithuanian Government's first chance to get to know us, and we are praying hopefully that they'll accept our request to be matched with Patrikas! Our agency's representative in Lithuania described us after reading our letter as an "unbelievable family," now talk about pressure! But, with God's help, we know we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment